Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, April 7, 2014

Home Tour: Dining Room

Welcome back to our home!  I was so excited to invite y'all into our living room last week.  Today I'm showing off our dining room.  There is not a lot to see but the dining room holds some of my most treasured pieces.


 All of the crosses I found and bought at hobby lobby.  Don't y'all just LOVE their 50% off sales?! The plates and saucers, hanging on the wall, are antique family heirlooms.  It truly makes a home so much more precious to me when you add family treasures.  The little silver tea set and tray were given to me by my parents when I was a little girl.  The crystal glasses and pitcher (in the middle) were awarded to me when I was voted the 2010 Miss Congeniality of the Miss Arkansas pageant.  Read about my pageant years here.  Lastly, the small crystal cream and sugar (on the right) was given to me, as a wedding gift, by a sweet lady from her own personal family collection.
 This antique buffet was the steal of the century.  My mom stumbled on it in a small little shop just North of Conway.  $200 was the going price for this solid wood lovely.

This hutch actually sits in our kitchen.  However, I've decided, for the moment, that I won't be including the kitchen in the tour of our home.  Simply because it still requires just a tad bit more work.  I did want to show this piece off though.  I refinished it last summer and the yellow truly adds a great contrast and pop of color to the area.  As you can see It still needs some new hardware.

Be looking for the tour of our bedroom in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so type me some sweet nothings.