Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Monday, March 3, 2014

Hits and Misses


Today I get to keep B home with me all day!  He seriously is stuck in the house at my complete mercy... SCORE!  Just a little background here, the majority of Arkansas was pummeled with freezing rain and sleet last night.  So to celebrate the Oscars we drug a mattress into our living room and had a camp out.

So what did y'all think about the Oscars?  Pretty sure I'm way behind and have a ton of movies to watch, beginning with Gravity.  I'm finally gonna man up and watch it.  Emergency paper bag in pocket just in case I hyperventilate.

On to the red carpet.


 Lupita Nyong'o was completely flattering and sheer elegance in light blue Prada.  The lines of this gown could not have complimented her figure any better and her acceptance speech was of the utmost class.

Charlize Theron was so classy in her black Christian Dior Couture.  The neckline on this gown is so incredibly dramatic and stunning.  I am a sucker for black but this was one of my favorite gowns of the evening.


Cate Blanchett in Armani Prive was one of my favorite looks of the night.  This nude ensemble is completely classic. 

J Law and I should be best friends and I think the rest of America feels the same way.  She was, yet again, flawless in her red Christian Dior Couture and the way she displayed her necklace was so flattering with the neckline of the gown.  Overall she did not disappoint... she reportedly tripped over an orange traffic cone prior to walking the red carpet.  Bless her heart.  


























Oh my, Kate, you never disappoint!  This Versace gown is so completely incredible and the cape is removable.  Super class act.

Amy Adams was the definition of simple elegance in her sleek navy Gucci Premiere.  This understated gown was one of my big show stoppers for the night.  Now I just need to see American Hustle.


Angelina in Elie Saab Couture was a complete miss for me.  I think it's a stretch to say that she looks unflattering but the gown looks a little matronly for her.

Reese made an appearance at the Oscar after party.  The length of her dress is the only feature of her ensemble that I liked.  Oh sweet Reese this was a miss.


Um... Pharell Williams in Lanvin.  Enough said, except, what the heck was he thinking?!  Completely a missed opportunity.  HELLOOO  you are at THE OSARS!


If you did not retweet this photo last night then you missed a great opportunity.  What were your favorite moments of the night?


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so type me some sweet nothings.