Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Thursday, June 18, 2015


Summertime is one of my favorite things about the south.  Lemonade stands in the neighborhood, fried green tomatoes, and the smell of sweet honeysuckle on the breeze.  The longer days also give me more time to research and plan mine and B's next travel destination.

We LOVE to travel and dream about where we will go someday.  Last year we took a wonderful trip to St. Louis for our anniversary.  Let me tell you... If you are looking for a fun city, full of great atmosphere, yummy food, and tons of FREE stuff to do then plan a trip to St. Louie!


 Grant's Farm and the Anheuser-Busch plant were two of our favorite visits and both are free!  Grant's farm was once owned by General Grant and his cabin still sits on the grounds.  You can tour the grounds and end your visit at a precious petting zoo.  The Anheuser-Busch factory was over the top immaculate.  Seriously, I think I could've eaten off the floors.  We did pay for a tour rather than opting for the free tour.  With our tour we were able to see a little more of the plant and got the luxury of being in a smaller group.


Our cardinals tickets were our biggest purchase of the trip and they were a steal!  When I tell you I have the worst luck... you better believe me I have THE worst luck.  Except for my mom; her luck is probably worst than mine.  Probably something genetic I'm sure.  Ok, I'm back from chasing rabbits now.  We went the day of a Saturday home game to reserve a tour of the stadium.  We were crushed when we found out that not only the tours were full for the day but that it was also a sold out game.  Worst luck ever right?  Well, lucky for me (see what I did there) I married the luckiest, most smooth talking man.  Just as we were inquiring about tickets a sweet couple, who had season tickets, were trading their seats to sit in a handicap accessible area.   The precious lady tapped me on the shoulder and told me the section number along with the seat numbers.  It took a few moments but we did end up with the wonderful seats.


I've just barely scratched the surface of all the fantabulous things that St. Louis has to offer but I will end with the ever so iconic Gateway Arch.  This is not a free attraction but it is incredibly reasonable and the view of the city from 630 feet is completely worth the 4 minute trip to the top.

While you are there you should also check out:

  • The St. Louis zoo.  The zoo is also a free attraction in the city and was wonderful.  The parking was expensive but we parked on the street (everyone else was doing it).
  • The science museum is also a free attraction and a fun place for families
  • The city Museum.  B and I opted not to do this simply because it was so crowded but I really wish we would've made the time to go during the adults only hours.


I hope y'all get to do some great traveling this summer.  I'd love for you too keep up with my ramblings through my blog and social media.

But first... Let's let B take/show off a few selfies!





Before our next trip we will definitely be investing in a selfie stick.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so type me some sweet nothings.