Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket       Photobucket

Wednesday, June 17, 2015

Stuffed Pizza Subs

This dish is one of my absolute favorite, go to, easy meals.  Seriously, in less than 30 minutes you can have a fun dinner that is sure to please even the pickiest eater in your house.  Just ask my brother... the man who won't even eat french fries.  This is one of his favorites and just happens to be the recipe I chose to give to his new wife at her bridal shower.

Here is what you'll need to get you started.
  • 1 lb. of lean ground beef (I prefer to use venison)
  • 1 jar of pizza sauce
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion (I use frozen... best invention EVER!!)
  • 1/4 cup chopped bell pepper (again frozen.... BAM!)
  • 1/2 pkg. pepperoni (I use turkey pepperoni)
  • 2 cup Mozzarella cheese (I never use all 2 cups)
  • 2 tsp. basil
  • 1tsp. oregano
  • 1 package of hoagie buns
First brown your meat and drain.  Stir in the onion, bell pepper, pepperoni, pizza sauce, and seasonings.  Let all these ingredients simmer for 10 minutes (low to medium heat).




While the meat is simmering begin preheating your oven to 375.  After your simmering is all done your now ready to spoon that sauce pan full of yummy goodness onto your hoagie buns.  Fill each of your hoagies to your portion preference and sprinkle your cheese on top.  This is where I definitely choose not to use 2 cups of cheese.  It just seems like too much.  But if 2 cups of cheese is your thing then totally rock it out. 

After adorning your lovely sandwiches with cheese close up you hoagies and wrap each individual sandwich in foil.  Place them on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 15 minutes.


And the cherry on top of this recipe.... It is found in the "freezes beautifully" section of the cookbook!  I'll usually pop 4 of these bad boys in the freezer to grab for quick lunches.  

Well that's all there is to it y'all.  Super easy and a crowd pleaser.  Hope y'all enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from y'all so type me some sweet nothings.